In the midst of the current confusion and worry, we want to help ensure that all of our partners are safe and are able to maintain the highest standard of care to your clients. More and more people are going to be cautious about meeting with you, so below you will find resources to help keep your business going.
1. How The brokerage is Responding
We want to reassure you that our offices are remaining open, and yet we have the ability to work remotely without any disruption of our services to you.
We are taking all necessary precautions as outlined by the CDC and Health departments to ensure the health and well being of our employees, and if necessary we will work remotely from our home offices.
We encourage all of our agents to follow recommended guidelines by the CDC to ensure they remain healthy. We are here to answer any questions or concerns you may have. Please don’t hesitate to reach out via phone or email.
2. Tools & Resources available to you
The Broker Link Agent Portal
Sell more, sell faster with our state-of-the-art sales and resource center that allows you to access vital information and resources anytime day or night. This is the one-stop-shop where you can access quote engines, product information, and more.
To learn how to use our website, click here.
To register for an account on The Broker Link, click here.
Zoom & Calendly
Zoom is the leader in modern enterprise video communications, with an easy, reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, collaboration, chat, and webinars across mobile devices, desktops, telephones, and room systems. You can have video calls and even virtual meetings with your prospects using this affordable software.
Calendly is an app for scheduling appointments, meetings, and events. Its goal is to eliminate the problematic back-and-forth when trying to nail downtimes. Rather than email chains and phone tag, you can send your availability with a Calendly link (even if the people booking time with you don’t use Calendly).
Senior Health Market
Simply Enroll allows you to streamline your Medicare sales and compare multiple plans side-by-side including Medicare Advantage, Medicare Supplement and Prescription Drug Plans.
Additionally, Simply Enroll sends compliant electronic comparisons to your clients quickly and is available FREE to agents contracted directly through The Brokerage!
To learn how to use Simply Enroll, click here.
Please note the following compliance guidelines regarding virtual sales appointments:
- All computers or tablets that store personal client information must be encrypted and secure with password protection. Please be sure to have updated virus protection and a security firewall.
- All emails containing personal information must be encrypted or password protected.
- Permission to contact must be documented for any outbound calls specific to MA or PDP plans.
- Obtain an SOA virtually through Simply Enroll, emailed PDF, or a carrier-based platform. SOA’s must be obtained prior to the product presentation.
- All rules that apply to in-home presentations also apply to virtual presentations.
- We are still processing paper applications. Please be sure to submit applications within 24 hours of receipt.
- If you have any questions regarding compliance or carriers that allow virtual enrollments, please don’t hesitate to contact TBI directly. We will continue to operate through the COVID-19 disruption and will have staff ready to assist you.
Life Insurance Market
Fortunately, we have many resources in place to help you offer life insurance remotely.
For example, the Drop Ticket platform allows you to get your clients’ term life insurance policies applied for, underwritten, and issued without ever having to see them in person!
All you need to do is input some of your client’s basic info online, and then a representative from the carrier will call your client and take the application over the phone.
To learn how to use our Drop Ticket System, click here.
If you’re a Medicare producer looking to cross-sell final expense to your current clients, our online quote engine SimplyQuote makes it easier than ever. Plus, all of our final expense carriers have e-apps available, meaning you can increase your income all from the comfort of your own home.
Article: Overcoming Sales Objections
Under 65 Health Market
BlueCross/BlueShield: you can submit online enrollments using the Blue Access Portal.
Oscar: you can submit online enrollments using the Oscar Producer Portal.
Molina: you can submit online enrollments using the Molina Producer Portal.
To learn more about our quote engines, click here.
Be sure to look into different options such as Teladoc, where they are transforming how people access healthcare around the world—creating a new kind of healthcare experience—one with greater convenience, outcomes, and value.
Article: ACA Marketing Strategies
3. How to make the most of this time
Improve your digital marketing strategy
Now is a great time to start growing your online presence so that you can still market your products without meeting face-to-face. Check out the following articles to help you implement this strategy in your business.
- 5 Reasons You Need a Website
- Why Email Marketing is Still #1 in 2020
- Social Media Strategy: Keep it Simple
- How to Create Facebook Ads for Insurance Agents
Be proactive with your current prospects & Clients
This is a great opportunity to do a welfare call letting members know you care and to ensure that they have basic essentials such as hand sanitizer, food, medications, etc.
Partner with carrier reps for giveaways that could be mailed to your clients or their friends/relatives with your business card.
You can also use this time at home to write thank-you notes and birthday cards to your book of business.
As the COVID-19 situation continues, rest assured that we will keep you up-to-date on all the relevant information. We are here to help!
Gillan Boyer | Director of Marketing & Communications