Listen in on a conversation between our President (Mike Smith) and Executive Vice President (Josh Slattery) as they discuss the 2024 Medicare Marketing Final Rule.
- Sales events cannot occur within 12 hours of an educational event at the same location.
- Agents can not collect SOAs at educational events but lead cards are still allowed
Business Reply Cards (BRCs)
- No door-to-door solicitation with a BRC or SOA
- 12-month permission-to-contact (PTC) on BRC and SOA
Prohibiting marketing benefits in a service area where those benefits are not available
- Unless unavoidable because of local or regional media that covers the service area
- TPMOs to list or mention all MA sponsors they represent on marketing materials
- TPMO disclaimer must now mention the number of organizations and plans represented
- Placing discrete limits around the use of the Medicare name, logo, and Medicare Card
Clarifying the requirement to record calls between TPMOs & beneficiaries
- It’s now clear the requirements include virtual connections, video conferencing, and any telepresence methods
- Requiring 48 hours between an SOA and an agent meeting with a beneficiary
- Exceptions for beneficiary-initiated walk-ins and four days prior to a valid enrollment period
CMS is not addressing its proposal to prohibit TPMOs from distributing beneficiary contact information in this final rule and may address it in a future final rule.
Thanks for listening! Questions? Call our Medicare team and we’ll be here to help!