Guide to ACA Certification
Click the carrier specific tabs below for information on 2017 certifications.
AGENTS NEW TO ACA:
Agents and brokers who will be participating in the FFM for the individual market for the first time must complete the registration process below:
Visit the CMS Enterprise Portal to complete the following:
- Creation of an FFM user account
- Identity proofing
- Individual market training and Execution of the Agent Broker IM General Agreement
- Agent Broker FF-Shop Marketplace Agreement
- Agent Broker IM Privacy and Security Agreement
- Optional (but highly encouraged) SHOP training;
AGENTS RETURNING TO ACA:
The registration process for agents and brokers in the FFM is now open for the 2017 plan year! You can begin by accessing CMS Enterprise Portal.
Below are 3 tips to ensure a successful registration experience for the 2017!
- Any agent or broker who wishes to facilitate FFM enrollments for the 2017 plan year must complete 2017 Agent Broker Training
- If you successfully registered last year, use the same MLN user ID (User id on the CMS Enterprise Portal where you complete the identity proofing.) This will enable our systems to recognize you as the same user from last year.
- Make sure your NPN is correct in your CMS Enterprise portal profile before you complete the training this year.
Remember that there is an array of supporting materials for you on the CMS webpage under the section titled “Registration for the Federally-facilitated Marketplace (FFM) for the individual market and the Federally-facilitated Small Business Health Options Program (FF-SHOP).”
Having trouble navigating the CMS Portal? Click HERE for a CMS Portal Walkthrough!
Check your 2017 FFM certification and FFM registration completion list HERE!
BS&W will verify FFM certifications on their own, no action needed.
BCBSTX will verify FFM certifications on their own, no action needed.
Memorial Hermann will verify FFM certifications on their own, no action needed
Molina will verify FFM certifications at the time of appointment. YOU WILL need to submit your FFM certificate at the time of your appointment..
Oscar will verify FFM certifications on their own, no action needed.