Mike Smith entered the insurance business in 1993 as a marketing and agent service representative at The Brokerage Inc.
He is now the President of The Brokerage, an insurance marketing organization licensed in all 50 states. The Brokerage specializes in life, health, financial, senior insurance products and marketing services.
Smith is responsible for The Brokerage’s marketing strategy, operations, sales support, web site development, public relations, and business development.
Currently Mike and his wife Shannon have three children, Kayli, age 23, Kyle, age 21, and Kinley, age 12.
Mike is an active member of:
- The National Assn. of Health Underwriters
- President of the Ft Worth chapter, 1997
- FWAHU Donna Carnall Career Achievement Award, 2005
- TAHU Hollis Roberson Award, 2015
- The Nat’l Assn. of Insurance & Financial Advisors – Dallas
- Advisor of the Year, 2017
- The Nat’l Assn. of Insurance & Life Brokerage Agencies
- The Brokers Health Insurance Network (President 2008-2009)
- America’s Long Term Care Insurance Experts
- Member of the Founding Board of Directors
- Sub Centers
- The Marketing Alliance
Additional info on Mike Smith:
- 1989 Mike earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from The University of North Texas.
- 2003 Mike earned the Long Term Care Professional designation.
- 2012 Mike earned the Small Group Specialist designation.